Green Living links 15.07.2011
This week’s crop:
- Defra launches its new framework for a sustainable lifestyle including its vision of the key ingredients to living sustainably.
- The Freakonomics podcast discusses conspicuous conservation and the Prius effect. Includes contributions from undercover economist Tim Harford.
- Ben Goldacre praises the Cabinet Office Behavioural Insights Team’s Behaviour Change and Energy Use, and its commitment to empiricism.
- ippr launches its report on communities and emissions reductions Green Streets, Strong Communities.
- A discreetly released DECC update on the Green Deal.
- Dustin Benton, senior policy advisor at Green Alliance, analyses the proposed Electricity Market Reform for Business Green, including what EMR can do for encouraging electricity demand reduction.
- Lastly, an ingenious idea for nudging drivers to give cyclists more space.